Monday, March 8, 2010

Busy Day for dad

Dad seemed to have a busy day today when I talked to him. The nurse came in to help with his pills but he had to have her call the pharmacy so he could get more of his coumadin so she will be coming back tomorrow. Then he had a date. Yes my father at the age of 82 had a date. The lady is someone that he has known for some time from what he says. They went out to breakfast and sat and talked.  Dad is still having some problems with his memory but at least he is still able to get around by himself and go do things. I am grateful for that. We still have not told him about his Alzheimers but he talks like he may know.  When he has a bad day he will say "I think I have the start of Alzheimers" or something to that effect. Dad is a proud man and if he knew the main reason I wanted to move back home was to watch after him and eventually have to make decisions on his well-being he would be furious. For now I am just glad he can still be somewhat himself.

0 comments: